This Harvest Grains Bread recipe is a warm and hearty bread filled with healthy whole grains and seeds. This bread is perfect for sandwiches all week long.
This time of year is perfect for bread baking. The days are cool, and perfect for kneading, and I don’t mind my oven adding a little heat to my kitchen. Especially when it’s baking this Harvest Grains Bread! I am mindful of our health when I cook or bake, but mindful in the moderation philosophy. We enjoy our treats here and there, but most of the time stay with non-processed whole foods. I am lucky that I naturally love whole grain and seeds. I just love the toasty nutty flavors that they add. So, when this months #Breadbakers challenge was “Hearty Fall Breads”, I knew that I wanted to try the King Arthur Flour Grains Bread recipe.
This bread is the reason I bake bread. It has a soft center, with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor. The crust is moist but yet has a great crunch. This bread is great on the dinner table, or can be your everyday sandwich bread. You can cut it thin without disintegrating into crumbs.
Their recipe had you just combine everything all at once. I couldn’t break my procedure on activating yeast. I combined the warm water, yeast and sugar in a 2 cup glass measuring cup and let it rest for 5 minutes. I then added this yeast mixture and butter to the dry ingredients and combined everything into a large bowl. I also used a 9×5 bread loaf pan because the reviews said it made such a large loaf. I’m glad that I did, because this size was perfect. Lastly, I brushed softened butter over the top of the loaf as soon as I turned it out of the pan. I like the slightly softened crust when you do this, but it’s not necessary. Try to let it cool before you cut it. It will cut without tearing. I’m writing up the instructions the way I made it, but you are free to head on over to KAF and check out their instructions.
Let’s take a look at the other Fall Flavors being shared today
- Apple Crumb Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Raisin Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Browned Butter Semolina Pumpkin Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Buttermilk Wheat Bread from Magnolia Days
- Eggless Apple Sage Cheddar Scones from Spill the Spices
- Fall Harvest Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fig Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Harvest Grains Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Mr. Potato Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Bread With Seeds from Sneha’s Recipe
- Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter from Bread Therapy
- Pumpkin, Poppy & Papaya Seeded Breadsticks from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Pumpkin Raisin Bagels from Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Saffron Yeast Biscuits from The Schizo Chef
- Pumpkin Scones from A Baker’s House
- Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Passion Needed
- Schiacciata Con L’uva (Tuscan Style Grape, Olive and Goat Cheese Focaccia) from Ruchik Randhap
- Sesame Seeded Semolina Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This recipe is being shared at Fiesta Friday.