A Whole Wheat Spinach, Onion and Roasted Red Pepper Bread recipe that is so moist and delicious that you forget it’s healthy
For instance, I generally didn’t date a guy if he was to good looking or a super athlete (I doubt any of them are reading this food blog). In my mind, since I put them on this imaginary pedestal, they probably put themselves there too, and weren’t as nice as the guys I was friends with or did date. Is that a whopper or what?
I am just preparing you for my logic on posting this bread. Yes, it is kind of an ugly loaf, which means it tastes amazing. This bread was made as a part of my Bread Bakers group challenge. Our theme this month is “Summer Bounty”. I put about the whole darned farm into this loaf! I put so much stuff in the dough that it just didn’t want to stay together. I also think that using all whole wheat flour, made the dough less resilient to absorb and contain all of the ingredients.
This bread will not make a great sandwich bread because it is difficult to slice thinly, but it would be delicious to eat on a cheese board or with a salad. This bread was moist, flavorful, and tender but yet firm. So, I guess if I were to date a loaf of bread, it would be a match made in heaven.
By the way, I met my husband at the age of 19, in college. He was nice, smart, gorgeous, and a great athlete. Who knew!
Breads using Summer Bounty
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Bellpepper, Tomato and Brinjal Stuffed Flower Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Foccacia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha’s Recipe
- Herbed Cornbread Muffins from From Gate to Plate
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker’s House
- Soda Bread with Thyme and Olives from La Cocina de Aisha
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Foccacia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.
Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.