Apple Harvest Banana Bread is an easy bread to make and adds healthy whole grains and apples. It is a great snack or delicious with any meal.
I love this time of year and become a little obsessed with apples. Actually, I eat an apple almost every single day. Bananas are a different story. I love a perfect banana or a great banana bread, but that is where my banana love stops. I don’t care for a banana in my smoothies, and the frozen banana treats aren’t for me. Boy, I wish that wasn’t the case because I am seeing some amazing ice creams made from frozen bananas.
I often use applesauce in my baked treats instead of oil, so when I had some bananas threatening to go over to the dark side, I knew that it was time to make some bread. I decided to add grated apple instead of apple sauce for fiber and pure maple syrup for additional flavor to this bread. I also added some raisins, pecans and yummy spices that remind me of fall.
Can’t make it now? Pin it for later!
Apple Harvest Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt pinch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Coat bread pan with canola or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, apples, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, egg whites, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together. Add raisins and pecans and toss to coat.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared bread pan. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.
The grated apple made this bread so tender and moist, and I really enjoyed all of the goodies in this bread. I ate a slice of this bread at every meal until it was gone. It was the perfect sweet that I enjoy with a savory meal or a bowl of soup too.
Here are a couple more recipes that my family enjoys!