Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread makes a delicious addition to your breakfast or with a cup of soup. It’s a no-fuss way to get the taste of a cinnamon roll without all of the work.
I love the sweet and savory combo at any meal. Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread is the perfect addition to any meal that needs that touch of sweet whether it’s the morning eggs or dinnertime bowl of soup.
I just love this time of year when the days are cool and when there isn’t anything better than a pot of soup cooking on the stove. Soup and anything apple. I don’t know if it’s genetic or what but I grew up having something sweet with our savory meals so whether it’s a bowl of soup or a plate of scrambled eggs, I like something sweet on the side. Fruit works but hey, if I have a choice give me some bakery!
This month’s Bread Bakers group is being hosted by the uber talented Kelly from Passion Kneaded. Now you know with a blog name like that the girl has some mad bread skills. She assigned us “Pull Apart” bread this month. Monkey bread, bubble bread, savory or sweet are all game.
I love cinnamon rolls, but face it, they’re definitely a commitment to make. I also love pull apart bread because everyone can dive in and help themselves to a piece. So I decided to make a pull apart apple cinnamon pecan streusel pull apart bread. It sounded amazing in my mind, and I certainly wasn’t disappointed with the results!
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread makes a delicious addition to your breakfast or with a cup of soup. It's a no-fuss way to get the taste of a cinnamon roll without all of the work.
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 tbsp sugar divided
- 1/2 cup water warmed to 110°-115°F
- 2 pkgs granulated yeast 4-1/2 tsp
- 5 3/4 cups all purpose flour divided
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 apple Sliced thinly. I used a granny smith.
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp pecans chopped finely
- 2 tbsp rolled oats old fashioned
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter cold, unsalted, diced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tbsp milk
In a medium saucepan heat butter and 2/3 cup of milk together just until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool to 115°F to 125°F.
In a large bowl whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar with 4 cups of flour and salt until combined. Add the milk mixture, yeast mixture, and eggs. Stir with a wooden spoon until a sticky dough forms.
Add another 1 1/2 cups of flour and continue to stir until smooth. Dough will still be sticky and that's o.k. Shape dough into a loose ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm place and let dough rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
In a small bowl whisk sugar and cinnamon for the filling together.
Punch down risen dough. Add remaining 1/4 cup of flour and knead into dough. Let rest 5 minutes, covered with a clean kitchen towel.
Divide dough into 2 equal-sized pieces. Lightly dust working surface with all-purpose flour. Roll each piece of dough into a 20 by 12-inch rectangle with a floured rolling pin.
Brush rectangle with melted butter and then sprinkle with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife and cut dough into 6 pieces down the 12-inch length. Stack the strips on top of each other.
This bread tasted absolutely delicious. The apple slices were a bit difficult to insert between the pieces of dough so next time I’m going to cube the apple in tiny pieces and mixing it right into the dough. When you make this be in the mood to share because it makes two generous loaves! Of course you could save it all to yourself by putting one in the freezer…I wouldn’t judge.
Now it’s time to check out these other bakers who are sharing their pull apart recipes with us!
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Christmas Tree Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena’s Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Savory Breakfast Monkey Bread from Sonlicious
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.