Sweet Magnolia Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins takes about as long to say as it does to devour this soft delicious treat. They’re perfect with a cup of soup or afternoon snack.
HOSTESS AT HEART RECEIVED SOME AMAZING PRODUCTS WHEN PRODUCING THIS POST BUT ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
I love something sweet to eat when I make something savory. These Sweet Magnolia Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins fill that want deliciously!
Do you ever wonder who named some of the food we make and eat? Say the muffin. What is the food rule that says it’s not a cupcake? Since it’s politically correct to have a muffin for breakfast and not a cupcake I think it came from someone wanting cupcakes for breakfast. What do you think? I think I love muffins, especially these Sweet Magnolia Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins!
I brainstormed for a month on what I wanted to make for #Choctoberfest. With over 70 bloggers and close to 200 recipes, that was no easy feat! I also wanted to use as many of the wonderful products that were provided by our sponsors such as gold sponsor Imperial Sugar, Rodelle, and Davis Chocolate.
I turned to one of my favorite cookbooks, “Toast to Omaha” presented by the Junior League of Omaha in 2006, which was a gift from my Mother-In-Law.
This book is a compilation of some of the most coveted recipes from Omaha restaurants, many of which are now gone.
My book doesn’t give the history of this recipe but I can only imagine that it came from a hotel called The Magnolia?
This muffin is so good. It is tender and moist like a cupcake but doesn’t need a glaze or frosting to bump it up.
The espresso and the cocoa are a match made in culinary heaven.
I made a batch of my Ham and Bean Soup with these muffins on the side and it made for a delicious dinner!
They would also make a great addition to brunch or even an afternoon snack.
Baking with bananas makes tender and moist recipes.
If you liked this recipe, I think you’ll enjoy these too.
- Banana Foster Bundt Cake
- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Better For You Banana Bread
- Apple Harvest Banana Bread
- Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
We love a good muffin and here are some of our favorites!
- Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins
- Cherry Almond Muffins
- Crystallized Ginger Muffins
- Basic Muffin Recipe
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Warm Spice Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Vanilla Muffins
Sweet Magnolia Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins
- 4 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim but any will work
- 6 bananas ripened
- 1 cup Imperial sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter unsalted and melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 cup Rodelle cocoa sifted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I used mini. Any are fine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine espresso powder and milk. Set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine bananas, sugars, butter, and espresso mixture. Mix until blended. Add eggs one at a time, mix to blend after each addition.
- Indo a large bowl add flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cocoa. Whisk to combine. With the mixer on low, spoon dry ingredients into the wet batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins. I used an ice cream scoop which filled them to about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.