Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Cake with a warm Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing is perfect for Fall entertaining, Holidays or any occasion.
How come when a cake is baked in a bundt pan that it just says I’m fancy? Well, this Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Cake tastes fancy but is quick and easy to put together. The Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing is a perfect match to this warmly spiced pumpkin cake.
With the weather turning cooler and the holidays running through my head I naturally drift to pumpkin. Since I’m usually in charge of the dessert at our families Thanksgiving get together, I went searching for a pumpkin cake. When my eyes landed on this Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Cake by Cozy Cakes Cottage.
Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- For recipe instructions, please visit Originator of recipe: Cozy Cakes Cottage
This cake is perfect for the holidays or anytime! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!