Thanksgiving is breathing down my neck. I am really having a heck of a time coming to terms with it because it’s 70 degrees here! My Bread Bakers group’s theme this month is Thanksgiving. Specifically, celebrating Thanksgiving. What do you want on your table that celebrates this Holiday?
I always serve rolls on my Thanksgiving table. I admit that some times the grocery store makes them, and I just pop them in the oven for a few minutes. No one has ever complained. Not enough to volunteer making the meal anyway?
One of the reasons that I’ve gotten involved in my bread challenge groups is to learn more about the craft of making bread. All kinds of bread. So this year, I choose to make Pumpkin Yeast Bread. This recipe makes two loaves or you can make one loaf of bread and 16 rolls, or heck you can make all rolls. The pumpkin puree made the rolls so light and moist. There isn’t a huge pumpkin flavor, but it’s there and they’re delicious. The color of this bread is perfect for my Thanksgiving table too.
What kind of bread will by be putting on your table this year? Is it a recipe that is there every year or does the grocery store do your baking each year? There isn’t a right or wrong. It’s all about family, and doing what you love.
Let’s take a look at what my fellow bakers have baked for this month’s Family Feast Breads event:
- Butterflake Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cardamom Fig Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Challah Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Buns from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken in a Blanket from Sneha’s Recipe
- Classic Dinner Rolls from A Baker’s House
- Cloverleaf Rolls from En La Cocina de Caro
- Cranberry & Orange Spice Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Eggless Coconut Pineapple Quick Bread from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Edible Bread Basket from Passion Kneaded
- Mallorcan Ensaimadas from Ruchik Randhap
- Meyer Lemon & Cranberry Einkorn Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Pear Pie Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
- Poppy Seed Coiled Challah from Bakingyummies
- Poppyseed Roll from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Povitica from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls from Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Rose-shaped Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Savory Cheddar Honey Butter Rolls from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Simple High Fibre Baguettes from What Smells So Good?
- Smoked Cheddar Caramelized Onion Dinner Rolls from Noshing With The Nolands
- Sweet Dumpling Squash Drop Biscuits from Magnolia Days
- Thanksgiving Wreath Braided Bread Centerpiece from Pastry Chef Online
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.